What is a technology integration classroom?
These are rooms designed to allow instructors to employ innovative teaching practices that integrate technology to promote student engagement, often using hybrid or flipped teaching methods.
What do these rooms offer?
- Flexible furniture to foster student dialog and cooperation.
- Technology that enables sharing of process and final product.
- Opportunities to engage students in higher order thinking, including analysis and synthesis of course content.
Where are these rooms located?
- Alkek 102 - 38 seats (38 computers)*
- Alkek 118 - 30 seats*
- Alkek 119 - 36 seats (36 computers)*
- Alkek 148 - 23 seats*
- Derrick 114C - 24 seats (24 computers)
* There are 20 laptops available for checkout for use in these rooms. Please request the laptops at the time the reservation is made to ensure availability.
How can I reserve a room?
Classrooms are reserved using the reservation form. Rooms are assigned based on availability and technology needs.
What if I still have questions?
You can contact us at ITSReception@txstate.edu or 512.245.2319.