Foundations of Online Course Design and Development
- 2 Wednesday afternoon on-campus sessions
- 2 Friday afternoon on-campus sessions
- 1 Friday afternoon Connect session
- Additional time outside of class for completing online assignments
Please answer the following questions and apply by Monday, October 27, at 9:00 a.m.
Acceptance will be based on:
- Immediacy of need from both the applicant's and the department's point of view. That is, how soon will the applicant be teaching an online/hybrid course and did the department make this teaching assignment? Has the department identified putting courses taught online as an important initiative in the near future?
- The applicant's level of interest in and enthusiasm for online teaching.
- Quality of application. Did the applicant articulate a well-thought-out rationale for future online/hybrid courses and his/her need for the workshop offering?
- Experience with TRACS tools. Knowledge of basic TRACS functionality (e.g., site creation, adding/removing tools and participants, participating in asynchronous discussions, posting to Resources, etc.) is a workshop prerequisite. Given the fast pace of the workshop, we will not have time to provide training in these areas. Also, use of tools beyond the basics provides an indication of the applicant's interest in exploring instructional technologies.
You will receive notification of acceptance by Friday, November 7, 2014.
Note: * indicates required fields